Due to COVID, we are providing
South Los Angeles Health Projects
Offering our services to the cities of South Los Angeles,
Bell,Bell Gardens, Compton, Cudahy,
Downey, Huntington Park, Lynwood, Maywood,
Paramount, South Gate, Vernon
What are the benefits of joining WIC?
- CA WIC Card to shop for free healthy foods
- One-on-one sessions about nutrition, breastfeeding and health by phone with a WIC educator
- Answers to your questions while you are pregnant and as your child grows
- Breastfeeding support
- Online education
- A chance to speak with a WIC nutritionist if you have a health problem or concerns about your child’s development
- Referrals to healthcare programs and other community resources
If you’re not already a participant, apply. And tell your friends about these valuable WIC opportunities.
COVID-19 and WIC
At WIC, some of our services are different now. Some are the same. Appointments are held over the phone. Participants continue to receive food benefits using their CA WIC card. Many new foods have been added. Participants learn about nutrition, pregnancy, and breastfeeding during their phone appointments. We provide breastfeeding support over the phone.
At WIC some of our services are different now.
Some are the same.
- Appointments are held over the phone.
- Participants continue receiving food benefits by using their CA WIC Card. Many new foods have been added.
- Participants learn about nutrition, pregnancy and breastfeeding during their phone appointments.
- We provide breastfeeding support by phone.
- You may be eligible for WIC!
You can join WIC if you meet income guidelines and:
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding a baby who’s less than 1 year old
- Had a baby in the last 6 months
- Have children under 5 years of age
- Miscarried recently
Who else is eligible
to join WIC?
- Single dads
- Foster parents
- Guardians of children under age 5
At WIC, we answer your questions about breastfeeding, nutrition, and so much more.
We offer you support from the moment you join WIC until your child turns 5.