South Los Angeles Health Projects
Serving South Los Angeles, Bell, Bell Gardens, Compton, Cudahy, Downey, Huntington Park, Lynwood, Maywood, Paramount, South Gate, Vernon
Families grow healthy with WIC!
You want to be healthy and raise a healthy family. But sometimes that’s difficult. We’re here for you!
You can join WIC if you:
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding a baby who’s less than 1 year old
- Had a baby in the last 6 months
- Have children under 5 years of age
- Miscarried recently and meet income guidelines
Single dads, foster parents, grandparents, stepparents, and guardians with children under age 5 can join WIC too!
What are the benefits of joining WIC?
- One-on-one sessions about nutrition, breastfeeding and health
- Answers to your questions while you are pregnant and as your child grows
- Breastfeeding support
- Parent sessions for you and others with a trained WIC educator
- A chance to speak with a WIC nutritionist if you have a healthproblem or concerns about your child’s development
- Referrals to healthcare programs and other community resources
- Checks for healthy foods
WIC center locations
You can find our comfortable WIC centers in or near:
- Bell Gardens
- Huntington Park
- Los Angeles
- South Gate