You depend on WIC. And we’re here for you.
We are continuing to provide important services to our families. We are also keeping families and our WIC team safe. That’s why WIC centers are closed for now.
Right now, your appointment with any WIC team member will be held over the phone. If you need information about your food benefits, phone us at (310) 661-3080.
Please do NOT visit any of our WIC centers at this time.
We are following guidance of the LA County Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Please check this page from time to time for new information.
What safety steps is WIC taking?
We are following these CDC recommendations:
- Washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Using hand sanitizer.
- Wearing face coverings.
- Staying at home if sick.
- Staying at least 6 feet away from other WIC team members [staff?] and from WIC participants
- Cleaning commonly used objects and surfaces before and after we use them. We do this each time.
We’re asking you to help us
If our WIC team members ask you to visit your WIC center, please follow their instructions. This is extremely important. They will give you directions about social distancing and possibly other directions. This is for your safety and the safety of others.
This plan has been posted at each WIC center to notify our families and the general public.
Are you new to WIC? Interested in joining?
Your income may have been affected by COVID-19. Or maybe not. Regardless, if you are pregnant or the caretaker of a child under age five, you may qualify for WIC. Contact us for more information. Call 1-855-726-3826.
What are WIC services?
WIC provides healthy foods, nutrition information, breastfeeding support, and referrals to community resources.
Are you already enrolled in WIC?
We ask that you please follow these requests:
- If you DO NOT have an appointment, call us at 1-855-726-3826
- If you have MISSED your appointment, call us at 1-855-726-3826
- If you have a SCHEDULED appointment, a counselor at your WIC center will call you.
- If we asked you for required paperwork at your last appointment, please be ready to provide it during your next appointment.
Your benefits may be available now
If benefits HAVE BEEN added to your card:
- Review your benefits balance to make sure it’s correct.
- Review your benefits start and end dates. These may have changed.
- We will contact you to schedule your next appointment.
If your benefit balance looks incorrect, or if you need to make changes to your foods, please call 1-855-726-3826. If everything looks correct, there is no need to follow up. You can begin using your benefits as soon as they are available.
- We will provide your benefits during your next scheduled appointment.
- If you don’t have a scheduled appointment, please call 1-855-726-3826
New WIC Food Choices
Are you having trouble finding the WIC foods you usually buy? You can use the California WIC App to help you learn whether a certain food has been approved by WIC. (You can download
this app in your app store.)
In early April, WIC temporarily expanded the list of WIC authorized foods. We’ve added more than 1,000 new foods. This is because many of our families couldn’t find WIC authorized foods at the market.
The good news–you have many more healthy foods to choose from. Click here to find a complete list of additional food choices.
Keep in mind: First, look at your WIC app and on the market shelves. If you can’t find the WIC-approved foods normally in your regular food benefits, you may buy these new foods.
We hope these temporary changes will make shopping easier for your family.